Do you have a furry Pawlentine who deserves to feel loved this year? Celebrate this Valentine’s Day with us by sharing a photo of your #Pawlentine and be in with the chance of winning a custom illustration of your pet!
How to enter:
- Take a photo of your furry Pawlentine.
- Share the photo with us using the hashtag #Pawlentine on Twitter (@themayhew), Instagram (@themayhew) and Facebook (@mayhew) to be within the chance of winning a personalised pet illustration by Nicci James Creative.
- The competition begins on Friday 9th Feb at 8am and the closing date is Wednesday 14th Feb at midnight.
Here’s an example of what you and your pet could win:
Magnum as illustrated by Nicci James
There are no limits on the amount of Pawlentines you can share with us, so get snapping! Just make sure to send your entries in between 8am on Friday 9th February and midnight on Valentine’s Day 2018. An independent judging panel of Mayhew staff will then choose three nominees to go to a public vote on Facebook and Twitter from 8am Saturday 17th until 11am Monday 19th, where our supporters will choose their favourite Pawlentine.
We think animals deserve to be celebrated on Valentine’s Day too, so why not show how much they mean to you by sharing your Pawlentine photos with us.
Good luck and we can’t wait to fall head over heels for your Pawlentine!
- The competition holder is Mayhew (charity number: 1077588) whoseregistered office is Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green, London, NW10 6BJ.
- The Pawlentine Photo Competition will run from Friday 9th February 2018 at 8am until Wednesday 14th February 2018 at midnight.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Entrants will take a photo of their Pawlentine (pet Valentine). They will submit the photo via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #Pawlentine in order to be entered into the photo competition.
- The closing date is Wednesday 14th February 2018 at midnight. Entries after this date will not be accepted.
- The winner will be chosen as follows: an independent judging panel of three Mayhew staff from the animal welfare or adoption teams who have not been involved in the creation of the competition will select three nominees to go to a public, social media vote. On 8am Saturday 17th Mayhew will announce the three nominees on Facebook and Twitter and then their supporters will choose a winner by liking their favourite entry. The entry with the most likes across Facebook and Twitter will win. If it comes to a draw, Mayhew’s independent judging panel will have the final decision.
- The voting will run from 8am Saturday 17th until 11am Monday 19th. Any votes after this time will not count.
- The prize is as follows: one illustration of the winner’s chosen pet by Nicci James Creative: http://niccijames.co.uk/index.php/project/illustration-commissions/. Mayhew will send the winner a Pet Commission Voucher and they will then be able arrange their prize with Nicci James Creative. The winner may need to send a photo of their pet to Nicci James to use as reference to create their commission. The largest size of the pet commission the winner will receive is A4, however if the winner wishes a smaller size this can be discussed with Nicci James.
- Mayhew will not cover any other costs, bills or expenses that are incurred in relation to this prize.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- There is no limit to entries submitted.
- Entrants must be over the age of 13 on the 14th February 2018 at midnight to qualify for entry. Any entrant that is not 13 years of age and over will be disqualified from the photo competition. This is in-line with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram’s age limit.
- Entrants are not required to ‘like’ Mayhew’s Facebook page or follow on Twitter or Instagram in order to be entered into the competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Mayhew by email, Facebook Messenger, Twitter message or Instagram message within 7 days of 19th February 2018.
- The winner will have 7 days to respond in full to the email or social media message, or another winner will be chosen.
- Mayhew will only share the winner’s name, pet name where applicable and email address needed to arrange the prize with Nicci James Creative.
- Mayhew will notify the winner when the voucher for the prize will be sent.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- By participating in the competition, the winner hereby agrees to allow Mayhew to use their own name, pet name where applicable, and photo to publicise the competition and win on Mayhew’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages, or any other communications, such as for the Mayhew magazine or for press purposes.
- The photo competition is not open to employees at Mayhew.
- Spammers will be disqualified.
- Mayhew reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition. Any changes to the draw will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Mayhew.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- By entering this competition, the entrant is indicating his/her agreement to the Photo Competition Terms and Conditions.